cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

back up fails, but data is backed up

John_Granville
Level 2
I have created a back up job that is backing up data from multiple disks in a single machine. The job completes but Vertitas says that the job has failed. I have tried a number of things with no success - re-installing, creating new jobs, registery hacks (snap volume), I am not using the Advance file open option. this is the error I get :
a00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
I can see that this error has been postd before, but all the suggested fixes do not work for me ..?
Please advise. I am running windows 2000 server, veritas 9.1 - 4691

all help appreciated
6 REPLIES 6

John_Granville
Level 2
I would really appreciate a response on this. I have tried everything! Why does BackUpExec tell me that the job has failed when it hasn't? I have looked at every post with this error and tried all relevant fixes, but I still get the same problem.
a00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
More log information does not help me either, very informative.
But it can, why is the data being backed up then ? It seems to be a particular drive that has the problem, in this case my d:\ drive. If I submit the job with a small amount of data it completes successfully, but if I add more data it then fails. Why is this ? disk space issue somewhere ? static volume ? I have paid around with every setting I can find within back up exec with no success. Please help !

Stumpr2
Level 6
John,
You posted to the wrong forum. I posted a thread to http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=51849 directing those who may help to this thread.

Bob Stump

Heath_Richardso
Level 4
Hi

I have noticed the Veritas guys sending people to the below URL for this problem

"Directory or File was not found, or could not be accessed" (a00084af HEX or e00084af HEX) is reported when a backup job using the Advanced Open File Option fails
http://support.veritas.com/docs/261831

Cheers
HR

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You said that you were NOT running AOFO, right?

The only references I could find to that error both apply to AOFO

Try re-creating the job and select list, and be sure that AOFO is not specified and see what happens

Mike_Cossaboom_
Level 3
I had a similar problem where the job was seeing a "ghost" directory that no longer existed. I deleted the job and it's templates and recreated all from scratch and the "failure" went away.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please open a new thread in the Backup Exec forum. This will ensure better response. You may paste this thread for reference.

Regards,