cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cvm

ousor
Level 4

hi,

glm traffic goes over private network?I mean when i access a file on cfs,the information about it travells over private network?

When i create a file on cfs i must create it on master node or i could on any node(slave)?tnx a million.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rsharma1
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

yes glm traffic goes over private n/w for CFS. User/applications can create files from any node of the CFS cluster.  [Though any node can initiate an operation to create, delete, or resize data, internally the GLM master node carries out the actual operation. After creating a file, the GLM master node grants locks for data coherency across nodes]

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rsharma1
Level 5

yes glm traffic goes over private n/w for CFS. User/applications can create files from any node of the CFS cluster.  [Though any node can initiate an operation to create, delete, or resize data, internally the GLM master node carries out the actual operation. After creating a file, the GLM master node grants locks for data coherency across nodes]

ousor
Level 4

hi,

i like to conclude.so if an vcs node with cfs on it,will lock a file in order to use it,then this lock information is carried over private network to the rest of the vcs nodes.is true?tnx a million. 

rsharma1
Level 5

Yes, thats correct. Note that while cvm master is designated per 'node' in the cluster, for CFS the primary and secondary are designated per filesystem. Please se: https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/sfha/6.1/aix/productguides/html/sfcfs_admin/ch05s08.htm