cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data move from array1 to array2

Texas78155
Level 3
we have VCS (Veritas Cluster Server 5.0MP3) on AIX. we have to add new disk in existing dg and mirror and break the mirror then remove old disk . Could you please let me know the steps with example (VCS ENV). #hastatus -sum -- SYSTEM STATE -- System State Frozen A pbgxap00006 RUNNING 0 A pbgxap00007 RUNNING 0 -- GROUP STATE -- Group System Probed AutoDisabled State B ClusterService pbgxap00006 Y N ONLINE B ClusterService pbgxap00007 Y N OFFLINE B grp_dev_genesys pbgxap00006 Y N PARTIAL B grp_dev_genesys pbgxap00007 Y N OFFLINE B grp_fit_genesys pbgxap00006 Y N OFFLINE B grp_fit_genesys pbgxap00007 Y N PARTIAL B mnicb_grp pbgxap00006 Y N ONLINE B mnicb_grp pbgxap00007 Y N ONLINE -- RESOURCES FAILED -- Group Type Resource System C grp_dev_genesys Application app_dev_gen pbgxap00006 C grp_fit_genesys Application app_fit_gen pbgxap00006 C grp_fit_genesys Application app_fit_gen pbgxap00007
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

unixuser
Not applicable

Hi

Document ID http://support.veritas.com/docs/316475 list step by step instruction, I will suggest you to freeze the Service Group and put the oracle into hot backup mode before you remove the old array. 

Regards,
Unix User

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

unixuser
Not applicable

Hi

Document ID http://support.veritas.com/docs/316475 list step by step instruction, I will suggest you to freeze the Service Group and put the oracle into hot backup mode before you remove the old array. 

Regards,
Unix User

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Just ensure new array is visible on ALL cluster nodes before adding the mirror.
After disks have been added to dg on the active node:
On all nodes, do:
vxdctl enable
vxdisk -o alldgs list

On active node, add mirror as per TechNote mentioned above. Wait for mirror to syncronize. Once completed, verify that SG can be switched to all cluster nodes.

If successful, follow rest of TechNote to remove mirror and disks from dg.

Challenger
Level 2
use vxevac command, it will move whatever on the old disk to the new disk eliminating the need of breaking the mirror. It applies to some circumstances. evaluate it first.
Command Syntax:
/etc/vx/bin/vxevac -g <dg> <olddisk> <newdisk>