1. Create the directory to copy the vg config backup file .
# mkdir -p /tech/vgconfigbackup/bk ( please must create the "bk" directory )
2. Take the backup of scripts " /usr/lib/vxvm/voladm.d/lib/vxcbrlib.sh "
# cp /usr/lib/vxvm/voladm.d/lib/vxcbrlib.sh /usr/lib/vxvm/voladm.d/lib/vxcbrlib.sh_bkp<date>
3. Made the required change care fully in below script .
# vi /usr/lib/vxvm/voladm.d/lib/vxcbrlib
comment the existing line "CF_BKUP_BASE_PATH" and change CF_BKUP_BASE_PATH to point to a new location.
4. Delete the all old vg configuration file backup from default location .
5. Take the new vg configuration backup and test
6. Check the new vg configuration file backup in new location .
other procedure ..
1. check the configuration file "bk_config" under /etc/vx/cbr .
2. To change the default location for the configuration database , you need update the /etc/vx/cbr/bk_config
#echo "CF_BKUP_PATH=/<new_path>" >> /etc/vx/cbr/bk_config
3. Create the new directory
4. We need to restart the "vxconfigbackupd " after all change .
Note : "vxconfigbackupd" can be restarted any time without any impact to running servers regardless whether server is in cluster or not.
I didn't get your question here, do you want to know which is the best method amongst the two ? or you are suggesting the methods here ?
Also, can you mention on what is the reason to change the default path of config backup ?