cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replace disk

lelu
Level 3

hi,

if i like to replace a disk ten usually i use vxdiskadm or vxplex rm dis plex then vxdg rmdisk.

is it better to try first after i replced the disk vxreattach -rb then if this not work to try the above?

tnx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Apurv_Barve
Level 3

Hi Lelu,

Your question is not completely clear. Can you please elaborate more?

I assume you are asking if "vxreattach -rb" should be invoked before actually replacing the disk?

vxreattach reattaches a disk drives that has once again become accessible. 

In fact there is a daemon vxattachd which monitors VxVM for disks being attached. So, if a disk becomes available after it had faulted, vxattachd would get the notification and it would try to attach the disks back by calling vxreattch.

You can use vxreattach manually if you know that disk has failed because of some intermittent non-media errors before trying to replace the disk.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Apurv_Barve
Level 3

Hi Lelu,

Your question is not completely clear. Can you please elaborate more?

I assume you are asking if "vxreattach -rb" should be invoked before actually replacing the disk?

vxreattach reattaches a disk drives that has once again become accessible. 

In fact there is a daemon vxattachd which monitors VxVM for disks being attached. So, if a disk becomes available after it had faulted, vxattachd would get the notification and it would try to attach the disks back by calling vxreattch.

You can use vxreattach manually if you know that disk has failed because of some intermittent non-media errors before trying to replace the disk.