cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding service group freeze and offline service group

allaboutunix
Level 6

Hi Team,

Could you please suggest, the below query.

1) I have to offline a service group and also have to keep in mind whether it will not move to secondary node,

so how should I have to do whether should I?

a) First offline the service group and then freeze it?

b Or I should have to freeze the Service group then offline it.

I tried to first freeze the service group and then I did offline but it throws me warning that V-16-1-10154 service Group is frozen and do not let me to offline service group

Kindly suggest the correct way and what should I check before offlining the SG.

Thanks in Avd.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Villanueva
Level 1

Freezing and unfreezing service groups. Freeze a service group to prevent it from failing over to another system. This freezing process stops all online and offline procedures on the service group. Unfreeze a frozen service group to perform online or offline operations on the service group.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

allaboutunix
Level 6

Kindly suggest,please

Team,

Just want to know,Do My message coming? PLease help the query

Villanueva
Level 1

Freezing and unfreezing service groups. Freeze a service group to prevent it from failing over to another system. This freezing process stops all online and offline procedures on the service group. Unfreeze a frozen service group to perform online or offline operations on the service group.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@allaboutunix 

You have in the Storage and Clustering Documentation forum.

PLEASE DO NOT post product-related queries in this forum.

The Documentation forum was started years ago by Symantec employees where they shared newly published user documentation, including manuals, use cases, tech notes, and HOW TO articles.

Since the move to Veritas, nobody within Veritas is maintaining or monitoring this forum.

For Cluster-related queries, rather post in the Cluster forum: 

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Cluster-Server/bd-p/cluster-server