cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFHA Solutions 6.0.1: Managing SCSI-3 disk registrations and reservations using the vxfenadm utility and the vxfenclearpre utility

Liz_Semmelmeyer
Level 4
Employee

You can use the vxfenadm utility to troubleshoot and test SCSI-3 disk registrations and I/O fencing reservations. The vxfenadm utility also displays information about I/O fencing operations.

For information on the vxfenadm utility for managing SCSI-3 disk registrations and I/O fencing reservations, see:

Typically, you use the vxfenadm –d command to verify that the cluster is running with disk-based or server-based I/O fencing set up when you perform the following tasks:

You can use the vxfenclearpre utility to unregister SCSI-3 registrations and release disk reservations.

You need to clear registrations on coordinator disks using the vxfenclearpre utility in the following cases:

• A potential split-brain condition (with disk-based fencing configured).
  • A cluster does not use a unique set of coordinator disks.

For information on using the vxfenclearpre utility to unregister SCSI-3 registrations and release disk reservations, see:

The following Symantec Connect article provides a use case for troubleshooting SCSI-3 registrations:

Checking SCSI3 compatibility for fencing coordinator disks

vxfenadm (1M) 6.0.1 manual pages:

vxfenclearpre (1M) 6.0.1 manual pages:

Veritas Cluster Server documentation for other releases and platforms can be found on the SORT website.

0 REPLIES 0