Symantec announces support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7 and Oracle Linux (OL) 7 in Storage Foundation and High Availability (SFHA) 6.2.
The supported kernel version is 3.10.0-123.el7.
Review the following notes:
- All subsequent kernel updates are supported. Symantec recommends that you check the Symantec Operations Readiness Tools (SORT) website for additional information pertaining to the exact kernel version for the operating system version that you plan to deploy.
- SF Oracle RAC has not yet announced support for Oracle Linux 7. You may find information pertaining to OL 7 in the installation and administrator guides. Note that this information will become relevant only after SF Oracle RAC announces support when due certification efforts are complete.
- Refer to the following TechNote for the latest information on the supported operating systems and Oracle RAC database versions.
- Only 64-bit operating systems are supported on the AMD Opteron or the Intel Xeon EM64T (x86_64) Processor line.
- The required RPMs for RHEL 7 and Oracle Linux 7 are listed in the product release notes available on the SORT website.
Symantec Storage Foundation and High Availability documentation for other releases and platforms can be found on the SORT website.