Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service group shows online and cluster service offline

allaboutunix
Level 6

Hi TEam,

I have an output of the hastatus which is attached,

It shows ClusterService online in 35th system and rest of the system shows Clusterservice Offline however, Service group POWERCENTERSERVICEMANAGER shows online in all systems 35,36,37,38,39,40.

I am unable to get it why the Service group shows online in all the other systems when only 35th system ClusterService is online and rest others are offline.

Do that the scenario of Active-Active Cluster?

Please help me to understand this scenario.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sudhir_h
Level 4
Employee

ClusterService is a failover service group and a failover service group reamins ONLINE on only one node in the cluster.

A parallel service group can reamain online on multiple nodes in the cluster. For example. an application such as Oracle RAC server can have multiple instances service the same database hosted on multiple nodes. The PowerCnterServiceManager service group is a parallel service group and hence can be online on multiple nodes in the cluster similar to the cfs/cvm group.

You need to check with the application owner as to what is the application that is configured in the group and can multiple instances run on different nodes.

You can refer to it as active-active clustering.

Regards,

Sudhir

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sudhir_h
Level 4
Employee

ClusterService is a failover service group and a failover service group reamins ONLINE on only one node in the cluster.

A parallel service group can reamain online on multiple nodes in the cluster. For example. an application such as Oracle RAC server can have multiple instances service the same database hosted on multiple nodes. The PowerCnterServiceManager service group is a parallel service group and hence can be online on multiple nodes in the cluster similar to the cfs/cvm group.

You need to check with the application owner as to what is the application that is configured in the group and can multiple instances run on different nodes.

You can refer to it as active-active clustering.

Regards,

Sudhir

allaboutunix
Level 6
Thanks Sudhir.. I got the point here.