Shweta_Naresh
Level 4
Employee

ApplicationHA (for VMware) can be installed using any of the following methods:

• Installation wizard (VPI)
  • Command line interface (CLI)
  • VMware vSphere Client integrated menu

For information about these installation methods and prerequisites, see:

Storage Foundation and High Availability and ApplicationHA documentation for other releases and platforms can be found on the SORT website.

2 REPLIES 2

Nayabsk
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Shweta Naresh,

Thanks a lot for the information above, I have few question hope you are the right person to clarify them.

In the AppHA 5.1 version we have seperate options to install Console and AppHA components but in 6.1 i dont see any options like that. Can help me which machine Ip address i need to mention in the screenshots below. Note i am installing AppHA on a VM Windows 2008 machine which i want to use as console.

In the screen shot below i need to mention my Console server IP or I need to key all my VM's IP and hostname ( As i see option Add Multipple Systems next to Browse options ) ?

SymAppHA.jpg

In this screen shot at the configuration TAB it was asked to key-in HA Console IP which means is my HA should be a Remote one and i should install the AppHA on each and every VM machine ? Please confirm.

SymAppHA1_0.jpg

Thanks,

Nayab

Shweta_Naresh
Level 4
Employee

Hi Nayab,

The above screenshots are of ApplicationHA installation wizard.

This installer installs the ApplicationHA guest components. You must install these components after you have installed the Symantec High Availability Console.

For installing the Symantec High Availability Console, you must run the Console installer.

For details about installing the Console, refer here.

Regarding the queries about the user inputs on the wizard pages shown above:

- On the System Selection page, you must select the virtual machines on which you want to install ApplicationHA guest components (basically the virtual machines where you want to configure an application for monitoring) 

- On the Configuration page, you must enter the following:

• Name or IP of the Console with which a communication link is to be set
  • User account credentials of the local machine

Hope this helps!

Regards

Shweta