cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCM Timout setting

Home_224
Level 6

Hi Expertise Team,

I have the question about the cluster failover issue. 

The  Oracle DB server cluster using MP 4.1 on the solaris 9,  DBS01 as a Primary , DBS02 as a Secondary, but the oracle service run on the DBS02 , the DBS01 as a standby node. Once reboot to the dbs02 then the dbs01 not to take over the primary role,  I need to reboot the dbs01 again , dbs01 and dbs02 online , i  switch to failover cluster group from dbs01 to dbs02.  and i want to know what did it happens ?  is it the CVM timeout setting issue or how to check the cluster role , to make sure the dbs01 /dbs02 is master?  Please advice 

Thanks,

Alfred

2 REPLIES 2

ShaneP1
Level 3

@Home_224 wrote:

Hi Expertise Team,

I have the question about the cluster failover issue. 

The  Oracle DB server cluster using MP 4.1 on the solaris 9,  DBS01 as a Primary , DBS02 as a Secondary, but the oracle service run on the DBS02 , the DBS01 as a standby node. Once reboot to the freejobalert gimp notepad++ dbs02 then the dbs01 not to take over the primary role,  I need to reboot the dbs01 again , dbs01 and dbs02 online , i  switch to failover cluster group from dbs01 to dbs02.  and i want to know what did it happens ?  is it the CVM timeout setting issue or how to check the cluster role , to make sure the dbs01 /dbs02 is master?  Please advice 

Thanks,

Alfred

I also need help with the same. Help is appreciated.

Thansk in advance.

Regards,
Shane

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@ShaneP1 

Please start a new discussion here: https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Cluster-Server/bd-p/cluster-server

This DOCUMENTATION forum is not monitored for user's queries.