cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS failed to start up

Home_224
Level 6

Hi Team 

I use the VCS 4.1, IO Fence to share the SAN storage with Dual Multipath, the storage power outgage suddenly and trigger all the server failed to mount the server and power down itself.  Try to boot up and start the cluster server, but it keeps this message in the log.  I find the document it related the vxfencoorddg missing ,I check it contains in the /etc/vxfenddg without space.  Then I try to powermt display to show another path is dead and I powermt check to remove dead and devfsadm -C and vxdctl  enable to rescan the disk again.  But still the same sypmtoms without improvement.  I try to deport cooordinate disk and import, but the disk group not existing.  Can you advice the procedure how to fix it ?  Thank you Capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1

ShaneP1
Level 3

@Home_224 wrote:

Hi Team 

I use the VCS 4.1, IO Fence to share the SAN storage with Dual Multipath, the storage power outgage suddenly and trigger all the server failed to mount the server and power down itself.  Try to boot up and start the cluster server, but it keeps this message in the log.  I find the document it related the vxfencoorddg missing ,I check it contains in the /etc/vxfenddg without usps tracking space.  Then I try to powermt display to show another path is dead and I powermt check to remove dead and devfsadm -C and vxdctl  enable to rescan the disk again.  But still the same sypmtoms without improvement.  I try to deport cooordinate disk and import, but the disk group not existing.  Can you advice the procedure how to fix it ?  Thank you Capture.PNG

Facing same issue here. Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Shane