cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mirror all volumes with vxmirror -a

turguns
Level 5

Hello dear all,

I have 4 disk group which I should mirror. I added the secondary disks each of them. After that one of this disk group  I mirrored .

I mirrored one by one each volume.. e.g.  vxassist   -b -g oracledg mirror vol1 layout=nostripe  e.t.c.

By this way it taking more time.Because there are  many volumes.

If I  use vxmirror -g diskgroup -a  command ,how it would start the mirroring process?

It will start on all volumes or one by one?  

Because I am afraid of to be high I/O on disks.And even it will effect performance of system.

This macine is very critic. So I want to be in discuss with you on this question.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonyGriffiths
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

Using vxmirror -a should trigger the mirror creation (in the DG) in a sequential fashion, one at a time

If you fire several vxmirror commands say for different DGs, then you may get syncs in parallel

cheers

tony

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hi,

In my experience, if you issue a vxmirror -a , it will take the command for mirroring however at any point if you observe "vxtask list" maximum of 2-3 volumes will be mirrored/synced at a time. Multiple tasks will be queued though however 2-3 will progress at a time. This should have a dependency on number of threads configured for vxconfigd though most people don't tune this variable & keep running as default.

G

TonyGriffiths
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

Using vxmirror -a should trigger the mirror creation (in the DG) in a sequential fashion, one at a time

If you fire several vxmirror commands say for different DGs, then you may get syncs in parallel

cheers

tony

turguns
Level 5

Thank you all,

Yes Tony.. as you mentioned it is working sequential on each dg.. thank you very much..