cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptec raid card on 2011 SRD

Tony_1776
Level 3

I just started using a new raid card and this built up a new SRD. I loaded the proper adaptec 32bit drivers and boot the disc. No hard drive. So I fooled around with different drivers to no avail. Then I figured I would check if there was new firmware for the Adaptec. There wasn't but I downloaded the latest version to get the readme. Opening that up leads me to this line:

2.2  Windows Setup on Adaptec Series 6 Controllers

On Windows 2008 R2 64-bit systems, the Setup program tries to load
       Inbox storage drivers first, by default. As a result, you must load  
       the driver for Adaptec Series 6 controllers TWICE.

The first time you load the driver, the OS displays the message
       "No drives were found'. Select 'Load Driver' again, uncheck "Hide
       drivers that are not compatible...', then select the Series 6
       controller driver. On the second attempt, the driver will load
       successfully.

I did have to load the driver twice when I installed server 2008 on the computer. I just thought it a fluke though... But now this impedes the restore process as we will always have to have the drivers on hand and then load them twice hoping that the load driver function works. Is there a was to make this work on the 2011 SRD?

For reference I have a Adaptec 6405. I plan on talking to them about this, but I was just curious if there is a way to force it to load twice, or if other people have successfully worked around this issue.

2 REPLIES 2

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, you could add it when you create a custom SRD and then again run drvload when the SRD has stared.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you had any success ?