cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After windows 7 - 32 bit update -- SSR R1 Cannot successfully reconcile

TenOC
Level 4

I have change from Ghost to SSR 2013 R1 on my 64 bit system.  After some learning all is working OK.  I suggested my son use SSR on his new 32 bit laptop.  During the installation of new programs, he was able to make several backups with SSR without any problems.  After installing MS Office 2013 and doing a Win 7 and Office update he is now getting the "cannot successfully reconcile" error.

I have use the SSR uninstall tool and re-install SSR, use the fixinstal tool and searched the website for a solution.  No luck.

Is this a problem with 32 bit vs 64 bit? since my computer (64 bit) has most of the same programs as my son's Win 7 - 32 bit computer?

He tried to remove SSR and install Ghost 15 with the same error.

Any suggestion are welcome

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DStain
Level 5

Try and remove SSR with the Norton Removal Tool (it will take out all Norton Products) here www.norton.com/nrt

You can then download the SSR 2013 R2 60 day trial and install that from here:

www.symantec.com/system-recovery-desktop-edition/

Deric

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DStain
Level 5

I think that you need to run live update and get the R2 patch.

SSR 2012 R2 runs ok on my 32 bit machine with office 2003 installed.

If you are running incrementals try a "One Time Backup" to see if it completes.

Deric 

TenOC
Level 4

DStain, R2 is not a free update.  I may try the 60 free trial to see if it works.

TenOC
Level 4

If you are running incrementals try a "One Time Backup" to see if it completes

I can not even get that far before it crashs.  SSR does not even see any of the hard drives even when I look at the Advance tab.

DStain
Level 5

Try and remove SSR with the Norton Removal Tool (it will take out all Norton Products) here www.norton.com/nrt

You can then download the SSR 2013 R2 60 day trial and install that from here:

www.symantec.com/system-recovery-desktop-edition/

Deric