cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Deployment through BESR 2010 Server to Desktops...License Doesnt work on Desktops

batabata
Level 2

Hi

I  deployed an agent to a desktop using my BESR 2010 Server Version. The desktop was resatrted and SSR said its in 60 days trilal mode. Then I purchased a liecense SSR 2011 Desktop Edition and input the serial number but it does not accept it. I can see that agent I deployed was through BESR 2010 but then the agent liense I bought is 2011. Is it the problem? Can it be corrected?

I tried to find SSR Desktop Edition version 2010 but I could not because the market is now updated with version 2011. Any help?

- I do not want to install the full version of SSR Desktop Edition through a Direct install to the Desktop and rather want to control it through my server.

- Will it work if I copy the agent from SSR Desktop Edition 2011 CDROMs to my Server Directory and then deploy it again? Will it deploy the right agent then? Does anyone know where the agent files reside on the CD?

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

BESR 2010 and SSR 2011 require different licenses, so you'd have to update the Desktop Agent to SSR 2011.

IF you have a SSR 2011 Server you can depoly the agent right from the ssr console. See page 132 of the users guide for this: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC3911

batabata
Level 2

Thank you for the reply. I checked the user manual page 132-140 in details. However, as you have stated 'so you'd have to update the Desktop Agent to SSR 2011.'  

Can you please give here more details on how do I do that? From the CD of SSR2011 Desktop Edition, if I copy some files (I still dont know which of those) to the installed instance of my BESR 2010 Server Edition (i.e. copy the files to the server) would it work? Would BESR 2010 then deploy SSR2011 Agents?

Thanks in advance.

batabata
Level 2

OK. Here is what I think I want to do but not sure if it would work or not.....

1. I install SSR 2011 on a separate machine with the Agent install option selected in it.

2. After the installation of SSR 2011, I copy the Agent folder from SSR 2011 installation and replace the contents of BESR 2010's Agent folder with SSR 2011's

Doing above, would it deploy SSR2011 agents? Do I have to take care of something when doing this?

I really dont want to upgrade my BESR2010 at this time.   Thanks.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

1. Yes

2. No ! You'd either depoly SSR 2011 through the ssr console or just insert the product CD into the laptop and run setup.exe from there.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

So anything still unclear with you ?