cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR(x)

ronr
Level 4

Hi,

I've been starting to get wierd events (id 51) on one of my server, which is protected by SSR 2011 (v10.0.1.41704).
It says: "An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR(x) during a paging operation", where (x) can be any number between 1-9.
The event is always registered 9 consecutive times, 1-2 minutes after the daily backup job starts.

about the server:
HP ML180 G6, Windows Server 2008R2, two SAS drives in RAID1 configuration.
SMH reports that the storage controller, physical drives and logical drive are "OK".

I'm also attaching some screenshots.

I've tried rebooting the server and running CHKDSK /f, but it did not find any errors on the drive.

Any Ideas?...

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I'd run the online diagnostics against the server to see if there are any prefailure errors on the HDD.

Once you rule this out, you can always run a PSP upgrade, although the DL/ML100-series won't have all the software installed.

If you get the error again I'd log a call with HP to get them to check logs for further errors...his won't be a Symantec issue.

Thanks!

ronr
Level 4

Hi CraigV, guys,

Another HP server (ML350 G5 this time, also Server 2008R2) shows the same behavior - Disk warnings about an error on a device that doesn't exist.

I have another (3rd) HP server that is protected by SSR - it is running Server 2003 though, and does not show these errors. Also, I have 3 other Dell servers with Server 2003 and Server 2008R2 that do not show these errors.

Possible collision between SSR and an HP driver/firmware?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...might be. Disable the HP Storage drivers and see...

ronr
Level 4

It's a RAID1 that hosts the OS...