cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically mount a share while booting into the Symantec Recovery Disc boot environment

JeffRepair1
Not applicable

I am trying to figure out how to mount a sharing while the automatically network configuration process is happening during the boot-up process into the SRD recovery environment. I have tried putting  net use j: \\server\shareName password /User:domain\user within each if block, and the disc continues to skip the share mounting process. Below is the AutoNetwork.cmd script (found in the BOOT.WIM file, in Windows\Shell\AutoNetwork.cmd), and the changes that I have made (the net use command snippet):

@echo off

:AutoNetwork

call %ShellPath%\FindDrive.cmd ?:\VProRecovery\VProRecovery.net FoundDrive
        if not "%FoundDrive%" == "" (
            %SystemRoot%\System32\RunDll32.exe %ShellPath%\SreNet.dll,Execute -start -auto %FoundDrive%:\VProRecovery\VProRecovery.net -preferdhcp
net use j: \\server\shareName password /User:domain\user
            exit 0
        ) 

call %ShellPath%\FindDrive.cmd ?:\VProRecovery\AutoNetwork.xml FoundDrive
            %SystemRoot%\System32\RunDll32.exe %ShellPath%\SreNet.dll,Execute -start -auto %FoundDrive%:\VProRecovery\AutoNetwork.xml
            exit 0
        ) 

call %ShellPath%\FindDrive.cmd ?:\VProRecovery\AutoRestore.xml FoundDrive
            %SystemRoot%\System32\RunDll32.exe %ShellPath%\SreNet.dll,Execute -start -auto %FoundDrive%:\VProRecovery\AutoRestore.xml
            exit 0
        ) 

REM Look for AutoNetwork.xml file at Srd root
        call FindDrive.cmd ?:\AutoNetwork.xml FoundDrive
            %SystemRoot%\System32\RunDll32.exe %ShellPath%\SreNet.dll,Execute -start -auto %FoundDrive%:\AutoNetwork.xml
            exit 0
        ) 

REM Look for AutoNetwork.xml file in Srd Shell location (where FindDrive.cmd is run)
        call FindDrive.cmd ?:AutoNetwork.xml FoundDrive
            %SystemRoot%\System32\RunDll32.exe %ShellPath%\SreNet.dll,Execute -start -auto %FoundDrive%:AutoNetwork.xml
            exit 0
        ) 

REM If above files are not found in any of drives then look AutoNetwork.xml in Srd folder
    call %ShellPath%\FindDrive.cmd ?:\Srd\AutoNetwork.xml FoundDrive
        %SystemRoot%\System32\RunDll32.exe %ShellPath%\SreNet.dll,Execute -start -auto %FoundDrive%:\Srd\AutoNetwork.xml
        exit 0
    )
    exit 0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But this does not work. I still have to manually connect to the share each time. Where is the best place to put the net use command within the file AutoNetwork.cmd? Or, is there a way to process custom commands to run after SRD has fully loaded up the GUI?

In addition, how can I tell SRD to automatically accept the EULA?

1 REPLY 1

SSR20xx
Level 4

hello,

this is very simple, but not to do over the gui.

You must rename the file C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\RecoveryDisk\SreModules\SreNetwork\common\Files\AutoNetwork.xml.disable to AutoNetwork.xml.

autonetwork.png

Now you edit this file, see screenshot. save this file and create a new recovery boot disk.

regards,
blacksun