cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 9.0.2 - File Backup BROWSE option bug

clay1
Level 4

BESR 2010 installed on Win 7 x64.  Clean install of 9.0.2 and created new backup jobs.

When I create a File backup job and click BROWSE to locate the directory, the C:\PROGRAMDATA directory is not on the list.  I need to backup a folder in this directory, but BESR doesn't see it.

I notice that 9.0.2 on WIn 7 x86 sees this directory just fine.  Any ideas how to fix this issue?

BTW, if I workaround and manually type the path I can save the job OK but the next time I try to open the BESR GUI, it sits there searching for the backup destination forever and never shows the GUI.  If I do not manually enter this directory, BESR GUI opens just fine.

And, YES I have the Explorer folder view options set to display all hidden and OS files.  Doesn't help.

Ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Go and file a case with Symantec, if they can confirm the bug, they'll probably give you a hofix for this issue.

criley
Employee Accredited

I'm looking into this. Will reply later today or tomorrow with some feedback.

criley
Employee Accredited

I got this to work for me on Win 7 Pro x64. All I had to do was go into the folder options and enable the 'Show hidden files, folders, and drives' option.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you been able to get it to work?