cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 - 9.0.2 jobs will not run if Win 7 x64 in S1 sleep mode

clay1
Level 4

I have not yet been able to figure out how to force BESR to wake the PC to run its jobs.  My system is using S1 sleep and I have disabled allowing USB Hubs to sleep.  Nothing works.  The BESR Event log doesn't record anything,  Its not even like BESR tries to run.  It just does nothing.  I don't see an option in BESR to force wake up.  Any ideas?

Running Win 7 x64.  Fully patched.  This problem is not speciic to 9.0.2.  Its occured with all versions of V9.x

Meanwhile I have other backup programs that have an option to wake a PC and these works fine with S1 sleep.  Is there a workaround for BESR or do I have to disable sleep altogether?

13 REPLIES 13

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Afaik there is no way to configure BESR to wake up a PC.

clay1
Level 4

Thanks.

Dear Symantec - Add this to your wish list for the next version of BESR.  Or let us use the Windows scheduler.  This is so 1999.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Don't forget to post your suggestion here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/de/idea/welcome-symantec-ideas

So would you please mark this post as solved ?

clay1
Level 4

Your link is to a page on the Symantec Germany forums. 

I wouldn't say passing along a wishlist recommendation "solves" the current issue.  Would you?

Linas
Level 6

No I wouldn’t make this as solved until I get I fix

I have the same issue backups are missed when the pc sleeps

I tried scheduling a task like play a sound to wake up the pc before backup

But the scheduling in BESR is null

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Sorry for the german version of the forum. Well you could also file a case with symantec.

clay1
Level 4

Glad I'm not the only one.  Quite odd how Symantec programmers haven't identified this as a needed feature.  Especially in today's "Green" society where you are asked to allow your PC to sleep.

Sometimes big companies miss the most obvious things.....

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

clay1
Level 4

I wish.  At this point it would be nice to see a response from Symantec.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any update here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any update here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any update here ?

Linas
Level 6

I had the same issue I was working on our president’s home pc and tried to schedule backup to run at night but had the same issue pc a sleep and no backup

So I found a scheduled process from windows to run just before the backup and it worked

I setup media center there is an option to run optimization at certain times so I set it for 4:00 am and the backup for 4:05 am and it worked

I guess if you find some windows event to run just before backup to wake up your pc this might work for you