cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 - 9.0.3 - Taken off Liveupdate?

clay1
Level 4

So I notice 9.0.3 was released 5/31.  Liveupdate worked on 6/1 but as of 6/6 Liveupdate of 9.0.2 shows no updates available.

9.0.3 still on Fileconnect.

So, what is the story?

BTW, on 6/1 updated Win7 x64 PC using Liveupdate and it failed.  Was unable to repair BESR.  Even uninstall of entire app failed.  I had to use the batch file to remove 9.0.2.  Then I did a clean install of 9.0.3 and it works OK.  Could problems like that be the reason why its been removed from Liveupdate?

5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited

Yes, it's been removed due to an issue found with 64bit systems.

I'll post back here once it has been put back onto LiveUpdate.

clay1
Level 4

Chris

Would you please share with us the problem found on x64 systems?  I have managed to upgrade one Win 7 x64 system to 9.0.3.  It did take a batch file uninstall of 9.0.2 to clean up the mess, but 9.0.3 is finally on this system.  Should I revert back to 9.0.2?

criley
Employee Accredited

The issue is related to updating to SP3 via LiveUpdate or using the executable (which has now also been pulled from our site).

If you have done a clean install of 9.0.3, you should be fine.

Blige44
Not applicable

On My First Server, I had the BESR 9.0.3's upgrade downloaded  on my Exchange 2007 server (W2003 64 Bits) after  a manual liveupdate initialy made in the goal of downloading last AV definition (SMSE + EndPoint).

In fact i should have never been known that there were an update installed on my BESR if i didn't get this kind of error messages :

Event ID 1004 "Reporting queued error: faulting application IDUPGRAD.EXE, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module NAVEX32A.DLL, version 20111.1.0.186, fault address 0x00078b30" since 19/05/2011.

PatchSetup.exe

and

Symantec_Backup_Exec_System_Recovery_9.0_SP3_Patch.msp 

To finalize the setup process properly, i simply ran it in command prompt and it was OK !

after resolving this issue, i've tried to dowload the update for all my servers via Symantec Installation Manager

on the manager console server  --> First surprise = no update available !!!

I then log onto my second Exchange server to manually update it  ---> oops ! BESR was not in Live update product list !

i followed KB http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH60160 and after registering BESR for LU with :

"LUReg.exe -REG -PDD "Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010" -PDN "Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010" -PDV "9.0.1.<BuildNumber>" -PDL "ENGLISH" -PDM "{70731099-3501-40B3-BF96-757371640003}"

BESR then appeared in the list but no update !!  --> of course symantec stopped its availability !

Nevertheless i had a copy of the setup on my first server, i could then install it on the second while the update was gone :)

And i can tell tell you that this update corrected for me tanother issue i had when exploring recoverypoints to restore files or folders:

" recovery point rpam failed 0e98f002c"

--> it is now ok with SP3

Thanks symantec for this bugged SP3  :)

Benoit - Nantes (France)

criley
Employee Accredited

SP3 (9.0.3) is now available on LiveUpdate again. The issues with 64bit have been resolved.