cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 Can't Mount Drives or Restore

HostCenter_IL
Level 3

In the past when trying to restore specific files from a BESR backup, I would right-click on the relevant recovery point, click Explore and then OK. Alternatively I could go to Recover > Recover My Files, then choose the backup destination and then search for the content I want. Neither way works now.

When I try the first way, I get:

"All available drive letters are currently used. Cannot explore (C:\) from the recovery point.

When you explore revovery points, the drive letters used to explore the recovery point remain even after you have closed the window showing the contents of the recovery point.

Would you like to end exploring all recovery points to allow exploring of the selected recovery point?"

Clicking "Yes" just closes the window and doesn't do anything.

Another indication of a smiliar problem is that in the dashboard, I have two possible backup destinations: the remote destination where I am backing up to, and a local drive E:. It says that E: is "unavailable", which might indicate that Symantec can't talk to local drives at all, even new drives that it can create.

Regarding the second method: When I click the Search button, it starts searching for the files, but is stuck on "Mounting recovery point: [path to recovery point]", and this takes forever. It's a remote point, but it doesn't actually seem tobe mounting it. In the past this process took a couple minutes.

I have searched all over the web but haven't found anyone else experiencing a similar problem.

Am I doing something wrong? What can I do to further understand this problem?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello there,

You have posted your query in Backup Exec forum whereas your issue is related to Symantec System recovery. Please close this forum post and post your query at the following link. By doing this your query will be viewed by SSR experts and there are high chances of getting quick solution.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/forums/symantec-system-recovery-formerly...

Regards,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello there,

You have posted your query in Backup Exec forum whereas your issue is related to Symantec System recovery. Please close this forum post and post your query at the following link. By doing this your query will be viewed by SSR experts and there are high chances of getting quick solution.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/forums/symantec-system-recovery-formerly...

Regards,

-Sush...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

No need to close it off when it can be moved...I have moved this to the correct forum. Please remove the solution from the above as it is now available, and viewable, in the correct forum.

Someone here should be able to assist you...

Thanks!