cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 Crash after install

john_griffin1
Not applicable

BESR 2010 will not complete the install.   Getting error E1AD3212 insufficient privelages to perform this operation.  

Using domain admin (with local admin rights) to install.   Tried fixinstall.bat solution. Uninstall, reboot and reinstall to no avail. 

Seeing errors in application log EC8F1775 error occured when starting Backup Exec System recovery service. 

Tried solution offered on http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH55484&key=53849&actp=LIST

Still no joy. 

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

In my case this did the trick: When I got the error message I simply rebootet the server.

Dushan_Gomez
Level 6

exactly, just like the old saying:

The two basic principles of Windows system administration: For minor problems, reboot and For major problems, reinstall. that's it.

:)

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you resolved the issue in between ?

GAVIN_BROWN
Level 2
Partner

Have you resolved this as we are getting exactly the same.

Fresh install of 2010 BESR on a windows 2003 R2 x64 server. Seems to install fine but after a reboot we go through the wizard and get the error "you do not have sufficient security rights" error E1AD3212.

We have tried uninstalling, clean the registry (hklm\software\symantec) delete the symantec directory from program files, reboot, re-install and then reboot and we still get the issue.

The service is starting OK but we just cannot run the software.

Appreciate any help