cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 DE: Recovery Point Browser?

MIXIT
Level 6
Partner Accredited

For BESR 2010 (Desktop Edition), is the Files and Folders backup option not consider a recovery point?  It doesn't seem so since the Recovery Point Browser can only find actual full drive backups (disk images). 

With that in mind, is there any way to browse the Files and Folders backup destination location through BESR?  So far the only way I've found to be able to recover files from an F&F backup is to do a Search in the Recover Files dialog.  The Recovery Point Browser doesn't work since it is looking for v2i files, but I see no other browse method in BESR.  If one browses manually to the backup desintation (just through Windows Explorer), the F&F backup destination just has folders like fbfFiles_361 and fbfFiles_66e and such.  Digging further, these are filed with a bunch of encoded filenames that mean nothing, so basically it appears there is now ay to browse a Files and Folder backup, which would be useful in those situations where you would recognize the file if you saw it, but can't recall the name or part of the name for the search function. 

Am I missing something on this?  Just to want confirm from anybody that knows more than I do.  Any info wherer complete or partial is fine and appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Your 101% right ! I came to the same results when I evaluted F&F Backups.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Your 101% right ! I came to the same results when I evaluted F&F Backups.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

May I ask you to mark this post as solved ?