Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 - Error ED800019 and Error E7D1000E with larger backup files

procado
Level 3

Hi!

As described here
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/besr-2010-error-ed800019-and-error-e7d1000e
I thougt the issue was solved. After I have installed the mentioned hotfix the backup ran without problems for a couple of weeks.

Now the same error occurs again each time I try to backup. A reboot of Hyper-V-Host an VM did not change anything.

I have got another VM, = VSRV02,  with very similiar setting (Server 2008 R2). There I have no troubles with backup. As far as I can see, the main big difference is that there is a bigger amount of data.

VM VSRV01 backup fails = full backup around 100 GB
VM VSRV02 backup with no trouble = full backup around 30 GB

What can I do? Do you have any ideas for further investigation?

(See this one, too: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/besr-2010-frequent-error-ec8f17b7-error-ed800019-and-error-e7d1000e )

Protokollname: Application
Quelle:        Backup Exec System Recovery
Ereignis-ID:   100
Ebene:         Fehler
Beschreibung:
Fehler EC8F17B7: Wiederherstellungspunkte können nicht erstellt werden für Auftrag: VSRV01-Backup C:\ (OS) und system-reserviert.
    Fehler ED800019: Die Wiederherstellungspunktdatei '\\host01\e\Backup-spi\VSRV01_C_Drive009.v2i' konnte nicht geöffnet werden.
        Fehler E7D1000E: '//host01/e/Backup-spi/VSRV01_C_Drive009.v2i' kann nicht geöffnet werden. Nicht vorhanden. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

procado
Level 3

Yesterday we found the solution with the help of symantec support!

In the meantime it was a small odyssey. The supporter told me that swapping usb drive is not recommended. Then the supporter told me to install MS Hotfix KB980856 on the guest server (which adress an issue on hyper-v host only). It turns out that this doesn't solve the issue at all.

A new supporter told me to do the following.

- reformat usb drive

- to create for each server (host and guest) a separate folder as backup target

- to configure <ip-adress-of-the-host>\<share-on-usb-drive> as backup target option

- set the option "Fehlerhafte Sektoren während des Kopierens ignorieren"
(ignore bad sectors during copy)

This fixed my issue!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

I'd file a case with Symantec !

procado
Level 3

As I describe above I had the issue with VSRV01. I finally could fix it when I stopped Windows VSS Snapshots.

But now the very same phenomen occurs on another VM on the same host. I file case with Symantec.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any results out of the case ?

procado
Level 3

Yesterday we found the solution with the help of symantec support!

In the meantime it was a small odyssey. The supporter told me that swapping usb drive is not recommended. Then the supporter told me to install MS Hotfix KB980856 on the guest server (which adress an issue on hyper-v host only). It turns out that this doesn't solve the issue at all.

A new supporter told me to do the following.

- reformat usb drive

- to create for each server (host and guest) a separate folder as backup target

- to configure <ip-adress-of-the-host>\<share-on-usb-drive> as backup target option

- set the option "Fehlerhafte Sektoren während des Kopierens ignorieren"
(ignore bad sectors during copy)

This fixed my issue!