cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 Event Log not updating

support26
Level 2

I've encountered a strange problem with BESR 2010 not logging events to the BESR Event Log.

It was working for a few weeks after installation but it just stopped about a week ago for seemingly no reason as nothing has been changed on the server or within BESR.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem or have any suggestions as to why this would be happening and what could be tried to rectify?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbtsabw
Level 4

Are you using a management console?  If so, verify that your Log File policy (under configuration policies) is set correctly. 

If not, open the console on the client and go to tasks, options, notification and log file.  Verify these settings are correct.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jbtsabw
Level 4

Are you using a management console?  If so, verify that your Log File policy (under configuration policies) is set correctly. 

If not, open the console on the client and go to tasks, options, notification and log file.  Verify these settings are correct.

support26
Level 2

Hi jbtsabw,

Thank you for your response.

We're not using management console on this server but I checked the settings as you suggested and they were all enabled with logging set to full.

Interestingly enough however is I tried to change the settings and when Applying the changes I'm getting an error stating the new settings were tested but were not successful.

It is almost as though it's not accepting the settngs.

I've checked in the Log folder location and can see it is creating and keeping logs current.

One of my previous attempts with this too was to create a new Log folder but this I am unable to do too...

support26
Level 2

Hello again jbtsabw,

Just an update on this - I modified the directory where it was saving the logs (created a new log folder) and although it still gave me the error that it failed the test it seems to have cured my problem as I just ran another run and it has update the Event Log.

So I would like to say thank you for your suggestion. Your help has been much appreciated!