cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 GR + Outlook 2010 (Beta) = Not Detected?

Rikus
Level 3
Just wondering if anyone's having a similar issue?

I've installed BESR on to a few Server 08 R2 boxes as it finally supports Exchange 2010 (main reason for purchase). This works and backs up as expected which is great.

However, when loading the Granular Restore it quotes it will work with Outlook 2003/2007/2010 but with the Outlook 2010 beta installed it claims no Outlook client is detected which I find a bit poor?

Currently I've tried with the 32bit version of Outlook as I know with Win7/Vista the 64bit client isn't always detected by iTunes/WMDC so figured it might be a similar issue.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited
Rikus,

My understanding is that Outlook/Office 2010 will be officially available in the first half of next year.Considering this, it's unlikely that BESR will support Outlook 2010 until that time.

My guess is that the message you are referring to is there because support for Outlook 2010 will come at a later date. If this is true, I can see why it would appear a bit misleading. Anyway, I will try and clarify this and will post back here as and when I get some confirmation on this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

teiva-boy
Level 6
 If it's still beta, and office 2010 not slated for release till next year...  I doubt, very much doubt it's a supported application.

Come to think of it, BESR2010 came out BEFORE Office 2010 beta did.

Looking at the latest SCL dated Nov...  No where does it state compatibility with Outlook 2010.  In fact on page 13, it states, outlook 2003 and 2007 are required for GRO to work.

Rikus
Level 3
I appreciated that Office 2010 is still in it's beta form hence this post.

If you use the GR option on the currently available BESR 2010 it does list support for Outlook 2010 - right at the bottom it states that it can't detect a copy of Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010 which again is why I'm raising the question to anyone who is seeing similar and found any fix.

I'm just curious as the Technical Preview has been available for a while so unless MS has changed something quite considerably in the Beta I'm suprised BESR can't detect it. As so far every other App I've tried it is currently ok (form iTunes sync or Windows Mobile etc).

criley
Employee Accredited
Rikus,

My understanding is that Outlook/Office 2010 will be officially available in the first half of next year.Considering this, it's unlikely that BESR will support Outlook 2010 until that time.

My guess is that the message you are referring to is there because support for Outlook 2010 will come at a later date. If this is true, I can see why it would appear a bit misleading. Anyway, I will try and clarify this and will post back here as and when I get some confirmation on this.

Rikus
Level 3
 Thanks for the reply, not a worry as I've put 2007 on for the time being.