cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 Losing Job Status History

JimM
Level 3

Hi All,

I'm backing up a remote server using the agent. The job completes successfully each time, although if the server gets rebooted or the BESR service is stopped and restarted it loses it's job history and status for the C drive. D drive remains...

I've recreated the PQH files in the history folder of the agent but the problem still happens.

This all started happening after installing SP2 for 2003 on the server. BESR has not yet been service packed. I know the first thing to do would be to install the service pack but it's very difficult to find time to restart this server.

We have a big software upgrade happening on the server at the weekend with the possibility of having to roll back to an earlier image. If the agent can't see the image in the status, will I still be able to see it when booting from the recovery CD and browsing to the image share? 

In other words does BESR need the history to be able to restore the server or can I just point it to the actual image files and restore?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim.

5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited

In other words does BESR need the history to be able to restore the server or can I just point it to the actual image files and restore?

As long as you have a valid recovery point (image), you can restore.

JimM
Level 3

Thanks, Any idea why the I'm losing all the history for only part of my job?

Also when I run live update it says that there are no updates availiable. I'm on version 9.00

Where can I get hold of SP2 for 2010?

JimM
Level 3

Ok another problem now I've just installed SP1 now when BESR starts I get:

Error E1AD3212: You do not have sufficient privileges to perform this operation. See help for more information about security settings.

????

Running as a domain admin on the server. This is just a console install and no service running on the server.

If I remove everything and re-install 2010 I can get into the program? 

Any ideas?

criley
Employee Accredited

If you are running x64 you will need to get 9.0.2 (2010 SP2) through FileConnect:

https://fileconnect.symantec.com/

Not sure why you are seeing that issue. SP2 may help.

JimM
Level 3

Ended up just patching the service on the server with SP1 and it worked ok.

Deleted the existing images and history, changed the backup location folder and tested with a base and then incremental backup and it kept the history after the service was restarted.

See how it goes.