cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 Management Solution - How do you backup servers?

Adam_Ward
Level 3
Hi,

Having migrated from BESR 8.5 Server Manager to the new BESR 2010 Management Solution, I am finding it incredibly difficult to understand how to perform what were simple tasks in this new environment...

I want to create a number of server groups (Domain Controllers, Citrix Servers, File Servers, etc.) and back them up at different times over a weekend - I want to have different groups as I want to change the settings for different server types - some will have an Offsite Copy, some won't and also I don't want them all to run at the same time as I have limited bandwidth to my DR Centre.

I had this working pefectly in the old BESR 8.5 Server Manager without issue, but cannot figure out how to create a set of backup jobs and then assign them with a schedule (e.g. to run each Saturday at 9.00am)

Can someone give me a step by step guide on how to do this?

I am starting to lose my faith in this once wonderful product.

regards,

Adam.
1 REPLY 1

criley
Employee Accredited
Adam,

I assume that you have installed the altiris agent and the BESR plugin so that you can 'manage' your clients?

To create a backup you just need to go to 'Manage Tasks' and create a backup policy which will include the schedule. You can then apply this to the relevant clients.

Hope this helps.