cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 Management Solution SP2 installation hanging at 66%?

Jon_Sumida
Level 5

I am on attempt 2 at installing SP2. In my previous one, the installation got stuck at 66% on task 3 of 6 and it says it's "Configuring Backup Exec System Recovery 2020 Management Solution". I let it sit for 17 hours before talking with tech support and they said to kill the task with the task manager. After that my BESR installation was completely broken and despite what the SIM said was successful repairs, it never came back working 100%. Luckily I had a backup and so I restored and I am trying again. It is stalling at the exact same place. Doing a quick Google search I noticed someone else had a similar issue and it completed eventually after 11 hours. So I am curious as to what everyone's experience was and if this is normal? Is there something that can be done to prevent this? I can revert back to my backup and start the process over.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/pt-br/forums/besr-2010-sp2-install-stuck

4 REPLIES 4

Jon_Sumida
Level 5

hmmm. no one has SP2 update experiences to share :(

Jon_Sumida
Level 5

Well after 24 hours it made no progress. Killed the process. SIM says SP2 is now installed, but not configured. Gives a configure option. Run that and it completes successfully. Open BESRM and it's broken as I stated in my other thread. Sigh. Looks like I will just have to run without SP2 and deal with all the "babysitting".

criley
Employee Accredited

It sounds like you need to get a case open with support so that this can be investigated further.

Jon_Sumida
Level 5

I do have one open. It's been elevated to the higher level tech support I guess. Hopefully I can resolve and update in case this happens to someone else.