cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 PlugIn does not install

PetBert
Level 3
Partner

Hi everybody, I need some assistance from you to solve a problem.

Got Symantec Endpoint Protection Suite installed. Part of this is Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Management Solution. Using the Management Solution console I was able to install the Altiris Agent without any probs. The discovery of clients works fine too. Just the third step, installing the BESR Plugin does not work. There is no error message coming up. No entry in any event log and I also did not find any log files.

It would be great if there is anybody able to give me a hint how to solve this problem.

Thanks a lot!

9 REPLIES 9

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you enabled the policy and check the run asap checkbox ?

PetBert
Level 3
Partner

Hello Markus,

yes, I did. It is the initial installation of the PlugIn and I followed the "first steps" on the left side of MS startpage.

Unfortunately there was somebody else who did the installation of SEP Suite and it is my part to configure and run BESR. The Altiris agent was installed immediatly. But not the Plugin. And without PlugIn no backup will be done.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Whats your default refresh intervall for the altiris agent ?

PetBert
Level 3
Partner

It is set to daily.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

So I guess you'd need to wait one day.

PetBert
Level 3
Partner

Okay.

I´ll tell you about the news here.

Thanks for your help.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Did the plugin install ?

Johanvdv
Level 4

This might sound like a repeat but can you check what selections were made during the installation of the product ?

If your selection looks like the following image, then this might explain your problem.

You explicitly need to select the component 'Symantec System Recovery 2011 Installer'.

If you do not do this, you will not have the ability to build a package : they will be there but their size will be zero bytes.

You can check this on the SSR client by checking into what packages were downloaded (Altiris and the management agent are listed) and drilling down into the details of the package that was copied from the server to the client.

I have ran into a similar issue with packages not being deployed to the client in March and this sounds similar if not equal.

PetBert
Level 3
Partner

Thanks a lot to everybody for your efforts to help me.

As I mentioned above, somebody else I do not know did the installation. And there was no documentation what he installed.

To detect the reason of the failure I did a second installation on another server. With this server everything works fine. Also the plugin installs as expected.