cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 RESTORE(s)

chvgms
Level 5

Hi,

Do I need to create partitions (c & d drive) and RAID configuration on the destination server before restoration in case of server recovery? I have given the responsibilty of
restoring the critical servers at my DR site. I am using BESR 2010 for backing up my critical windows servers.

Thanks,
Sridhar

3 REPLIES 3

AJT
Level 6

Create the raid then perform the restore. No need to create the partitions, this is done by the BESR restore.

If the source and destination machines are different hardware use Restore Anyware while performing the restore. Be sure to have the raid driver handy for the destination machine.

Hope this helps :)

chvgms
Level 5
Thanks AJT.  When restoring to a different hardware which has got different hard disk size after configuring RAID, does it prompt to resize the partition while restoring? Ex: If I am trying to retsore a server which has 2 partitions (C & D) onto a server which has a single partition configured as RAID 0, can I resize the partition by editing it to restore both the drives provided with data is less than the target disk space? Also when I am trying to restore, after selecting the file, for some servers I can see the target drive as Disk 1 and for some it is showing as invalid disk? what would be the reason? I have attached the screenshot for your reference.

Thanks,
Sridhar

AJT
Level 6
I believe you can select to restore to smaller disks, shrink on the fly, try the restore and see if the OS boots up and is operational. As for the invalid disk, it may be because the raid driver did not load properly. On the machine with the invalid disk can you access it via DiskPart? If so, try and create a test partition.

Hope This Helps :)