cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 SP2/9.0.2 Release Notes?

AndrewPBG
Level 3

Are there any release notes for the 9.0.2 release of BESR 2010? I've noticed it's up on FileConnect, but I don't see anything on the support or knowlege base sites.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

criley
Employee Accredited

Here you go:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH140923

clay1
Level 4

When I try to open the PDF I get a FORBIDDEN page on the Symantec website.   Help.

noodleNT
Level 4

Same here

dj_palindrome
Level 2

All attachments on their new support site are zonked.

Moreover an in-place upgrade of 9.0.1 to 9.0.2 on Windows 7-x64 results in fatal Windows Installer errors, using LU or otherwise. The famous 1603 error code that is so difficult to diagnose even with verbose MSI logs.

noodleNT
Level 4

At least you got BESR to upgrade. Mine keeps getting stuck at 64%. I am going to have to open a case on Monday since I can't get a working BESR console anymore. So much for trying to get a little work done this weekend.

clay1
Level 4

Mine upgraded ok from 9.0.1 -> 9.0.2 using LU.  Win 7 x64.

alankevinr
Level 2

Hi I can not download or open anything for the symantec portal even trying to view the release notes for Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 SP1 Release Notes (Software Change Notice) I receive this.

Your client is not allowed to access this object or our servers may be momentarily busy. Please try again later.

If you receive this message and would like to report this to Symantec, you may contact the Webmaster.

Thank you for your assistance and patience.

I have three servers 2 are backing up OK and one is failing all the time The issues I am trying to resolve is 1 of my servers has 1.4 TB of disc space I receive these errors:-

EBAB03F1: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service

Description: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of (C:\), Program Files (E:\), Staging (F:\), Userfiles (H:\).

Error E7D1001F: Unable to write to file.

Error EBAB03F1: Error performing inpage operation.

Details: 0xE7D1001F

Date: 24/10/2010 13:33:49

Notification Type: Error

Priority: High

Description: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of Userfiles (H:\).

Error E7D1001F: Unable to write to file.

Error EBAB03F1: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

Details: 0xE7D1001F

There are backing to a Seagate black amour NAS 4TB

Hopefully someone can help me

dj_palindrome
Level 2

The WebZonk has been fixed (the new support site is evidently having some teething problems) so now at least I have the release notes, but still cannot patch 9.0.1 to 9.0.2.

I opened a support case because I'm afraid if I do a scorched-earth (complete uninstall), I might get stuck with nothing.

I do think that would probably work. There is something about Symantec's patching mechanism that generates transforms MSI 5.0 just does not like (at least for me).

noodleNT
Level 4

DONT UNINSTALL! You will be left with nothing. Learn from my mistake. sad