cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 Server Edition FREEZE

kubby
Level 2
Dear All,
 I just installed the BESR 2010 server Ed. on one of our servers and as soon as I open it up, it simply freezes at the home screen.

I have to wait for 1-2 hours before it allows me any access.

Also, during the normail usage as well it freeze up anytime and then again takes 1-2 hours before I can proceed.

Machine configuration:
HP proliant DL380 G5
Intel Xeon CPU E5430 @ 2.66 GHz
4 GB RAM
Windows server 2003 Standard adition
version 5.2.3790 SP2 Build 3790

I have already tried taking the server outta the domain and then reinstalling BESR. No go...

The same issue happens on multiple machines (tried on three).

Any help in this regard would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Kuber
2 REPLIES 2

fabio_sanches
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi Kubber,

I've seen the similar issue that were solved using the following steps to clean the BE history information (Symantec document ID: 319439):

1. Stop the Backup Exec System Recovery service
2. Search for and delete all .PQH and .PQJ files in the \History and \Schedule folders on the local server.
3. Delete the .sv2i file in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery
(On Windows Vista/Server 2008 the location is: C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery)
4. Delete the hidden vsnap.idx file at the root of each drive being backed up
5. Delete the hidden VProRecovery directory in the storage location folder (Only Version 8 and later)
6. Move all of the recovery point files for that server to a different subdirectory.
7. Reboot the system
8. Setup the new backup jobs with desired configuration and storage locations
9. Let jobs run.

Please let me know if this steps solver your problem.

kubby
Level 2

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your help but this did not resolved the issue.

1. Stop the Backup Exec System Recovery service -----> Done.
2. Search for and delete all .PQH and .PQJ files in the \History and \Schedule folders on the local server. ----> Deleted the .PQH files found.
3. Delete the .sv2i file in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery
(On Windows Vista/Server 2008 the location is: C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery)  ---> Did no exist
4. Delete the hidden vsnap.idx file at the root of each drive being backed up  ----> I have a single drive with 2 partitions (C: and D:) ------> on the root of both of these there was no vsnap.idx file.
5. Delete the hidden VProRecovery directory in the storage location folder (Only Version 8 and later) ---> could not find this folder either
6. Move all of the recovery point files for that server to a different subdirectory. ----> this is a fresh install. Have not been able to run any job even once.
7. Reboot the system--- > even after the reboot the issue occurs.

Please remeber that this is a fresh install and I have not run any backup jobs till now. Also the issue happened on Multiple systems.

Thanks for all your help till now... I really appreciate it !

Kuber