cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 V to P

Soly
Level 2

I have installed BESR 2010 server edtion(Trial) on a VM machine and created a restore point,  What do I need to do to restore this machine to a Physical server (Poweredge 2950)

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I dont there is any option to convert from Vitual to Physical machine. The only option I can see is to convert from Physical to Virtual Machine.

In this case if you want to restore the Virtual Machine to Physical then you can copy the recovery points to an USB drive and connect to the the Physical machine where it needs to be restored. Then you can use the SRD disk and perform the restore from those Recovery points to the Physical machine.

You may refer to the following technote to perform the restore:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH53848 : How to troubleshoot a Restore Anyware Option (RAO) retargeting issue

Thanks,

-Sush...

Soly
Level 2

Ok, I have a VM machine server 2008 that I installed BESR 2010 on it and made a few recovery points. Can I use the same recovery cd that I created on a win 2003 server? or is there anything different when restoring an original VM machine, I did use the Restore anywhere feature and the  setting on it is "Permitted".

Sush---
Level 6

I deally you should be able to use the same Recovery Disk which was created on Win 2003. But there is a high probabilty that during restore it will ask for drivers which are not present in the CD and those needs to be provided.

My suggestion would be to use the disk created on Win 2008 itself.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Sush---
Level 6

Any updates on this?? Is your issue resolved??

Thanks,

-Sush...