cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 Windows 7 Computer Restore

Richard_Wagstaf
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I know that I'm missing the obvious here but.......

I've completed a cold backup of a new Windows 7 machine.  I have then wiped the drive and attempted a full restore.

Firstly I'm restoring the System Reserved Drive
Next I'm restoring the C drive making sure that the Drive is set for booting and the disk signature is restored.

When the computer re-boots I get a message saying 'BOOTMGR is missing'

Now I can fix this using the Windows Recovery disk, but I'm assuming that it shouldn't be this way and I'm doing something wrong.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Waggers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AJT
Level 6
Set the System Reserved Drive active for booting.
Hope This Helps :)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AJT
Level 6
Set the System Reserved Drive active for booting.
Hope This Helps :)

Richard_Wagstaf
Level 4
Partner Accredited
So easy when you know how!!  Many thanks.

bnv
Level 2
-
Does anyone know how to restore both  Windows 7 default backed up partitions in a restore single pass?

That is with out having to reboot under rescue disk again and selecting the other partiition to restore.   I am trying to make this easy as possiblies for my self serv - end users.

thanks in advance
BNV

AJT
Level 6

Create a BESR backup job and include all the volumes you want to restore at once. Once booted into the SRD navigate to the BESR backup job file, I think it has an SV2I extension. Restore as normal.

Hope this helps :)

bnv
Level 2
AJT,

Thank you for the above info about using a SV2I  extension under the restore by "sytstem". That works fine only if the destination disk already has both Windows 7 partitions created on it.

If it is a new disk with a single partition,  then BESR compains that the destination does not match. Is there a simple end user parameter to check so it creates both partitions that match the System (SV2I) backup and auto partitions the disk?

regards,
 Bruce

ProductPro
Level 4
Employee Accredited
Greetings,

Try this article:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/351336

Enjoy!
ProductPro

striver
Not applicable
Yesterday, I found an article which talks about an effective way to restore Windows 7 .

Hope it's helpful !