cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 - cant login to SBS 2008 after restore

fke
Level 2
Hi all,

I cant login to an SBS 2008 I restored using Backup Exec System Recovery 2010. The error says .\Administrator - no such password. Trying to use DOMAIN\Administrator fails too, saying 'no such credentials in the security database' (translated from german).
I installed the SBS 2008 with all updates available today, BE 2010 for SBS 2008 and BESR 2010. Nothing else installed, no further config so far.
Live Update for BESR 2010 fails, so that I'm using build 9.0.0.35656. 

Any hints what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Florian
6 REPLIES 6

AJT
Level 6
This is weird, I've never sent this error before. A silly question: are you sure you using the correct Windows password?

Hope this helps :)

fke
Level 2
Hi AJT,

thanks for answering!

I double checked the password, yes. ;)

In the meantime I created an .vhd out of the backup file using the BSER Converter. Booting this disk in an Hyper-V-Server shows exactly the same error.
Restoring the original backup to different hardware I get a reboot loop...

Any further hints?

Thanks, Florian

fke
Level 2
Hi AJT,

thanks again for your help. I appreciate it.

As the restore from Windows Backup (wbadmin) worked multiple times (to various real hardware or virtual containers) without a hitch, and BESR didn't work a single time we stick with Windows Backup.

Bye, Florian

Computer_Team
Not applicable
Same problem here, but different NOS.
Our Customer is using a plain Windows server 2008 R2 relase with AD Role installed.

We tried a Restore without an AD Promotion and it worked fine.

With the AD Role installed, the Login Screen says "Die Sicherheitsdatenbank auf dem Server enthält kein Computerkonto für diese Arbeitsstationsvertrauensstellung" wich means "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship".

A Safe Mode boot is possible, we changed the Password, also we tried several Password + user Combinations.
Sometimes the Error Message says "Da der Netzwerkanmeldedienst auf diesem Computer nicht gestartet wurde, können Sie sich nicht anmelden."which means " Windows could not start the Net Logon on Local Computer, Logon not possible".

This "Error" is also discussed under
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistasp/thread/31905c1a-5c25-4426-ac8d-677004...

At the first try without an AD Role Promotion, i saw "BESR" added a Routine to reset the Password at first Login.
With the AD Role installed i never saw this Routine comming up. After the startup the Login screen says ".\administrator"
Any Suggestions ?

(sorry for my bad English :) )

Nawaz
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Did you use VSS for the backup?

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Nawaz,

VSS has been used for the backup.

But why does the computername have to change. Not just on the SBS server, but on all the other member servers running Windows 2008. They allow login with the domain account.

Only the SBS server does not allow login. Is there a document i need to use to use BESR on a domain controller. The User guide is not very explanatory.

I used the same steps on all the servers.

Is there an Admin guide i am missing out on. All the best practice doc i saw online is not really helpful either.

thank you.