cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010, event id:4097, VProSvc.exe generated an application error

jamesrose
Level 2
Dear all, I'm using BESR 2010 to backup my Windows 2003 server (i install it remotely). Everyting fine when i try to perform a manually backup, and i got emails about the backup has started and ended successfully. After that, i create a scheduled backup job, and logoff from remote desktop session. At the scheduled time, i didn't get any email, so i checked the server and a pop up showed up, says that there is a missed backup. I also checked the SMTP Mail setting, it was empty. I'm sure i have set it before. I check the event log and got this event id : 4097, source: dr watson, says that "The application, C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Agent\VProSvc.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on The exception generated was at address (ntdll!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault)" I really don't know what happens, so i just re-set the SMTP Mail and log off. At the next scheduled time, i got emails about the backup has started and ended successfully, everything normal. I really need your help to tell me what actually happens, so i can prevent it. I'm going to deploy BESR in about a hunderd server, it will be pain if this continually happens.
1 REPLY 1

fabio_sanches
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi jamesrose,

Do you have an antivirus program installed at your Windows 2003 Server? Create an exclusion for C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery and verify if it works fine.

Regards,