cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 fails to backup overnight but works fine when I manually start it

Derrick2
Level 3
Our basic system: SBS 2003, running Exchange server on this machine.
Basic Backup : I am trying to backup the whole c: drive which includes the exchange data
Offsite drives: I use 2 USB (format NTFS) drives in rotation

The error I received last night when it was to do an incremental backup was:

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of (C:\).

Error EC8F040B: Cannot create incremental recovery point of C:\ drive.

Error E0BB0083: Unable to create incremental recovery point.

Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. CHECK failed, BitmapInternal::RunListBase<unsigned __int64>::RunListBase: d:\ComponentReleases\Base_Main\ws\Base/Dev/Bitmap/RunListBase.inl(158): mRunListCount < maxRuns. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

1 REPLY 1

Derrick2
Level 3
I suspect my errors are related to the offsite copy backup.

The reason I believe this is that when I leave both usb offsite drives plugged in overnight (not an ideal situation as I now have no offsite copy) then the backup works fine. However when I remove one of them the backup no longer works. When I come in the next morning the product says that the bakup wasn't done and asks me to do it. I press ok to do the missed backup and if I leave the server as is for the next night (not attach the other backup drive) then the backup works fine. It appears

I have looked further into the event log and cannot see this error having occured previously. This error could be a one off, however the problem described above of the backup not working due to one drive being removed happens every night.