cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 is Unable to Communicate with One Client

ABagheri
Level 3

I have a couple of windows clients using BESR 2010, and latest update has been deployed on all of them.

In server console one client details can not be seen and server cannot communicate with the client, while client backups are working fine. the only issue i found in server Event Log is the follwoing message:

"DCOM got error "One or more arguments are invalid " from the computer <CLIENT NAME> when attempting to activate the server:
{F3DC957F-00CA-4D2A-A9AD-03FA855AAE38}"

What shall I do?
6 REPLIES 6

shailesh866
Level 4
Employee Accredited

You could refer  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771387.aspx and Enable DCOM. And to verify it use Microsoft DCOM test tool: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259011 - Its a Simple DCOM Client Server Test Application. We would have to fix the DCOM issues to enable communication from the Client to the Server

- Shail

ABagheri
Level 3

Thanks for your reply,

We cannot run this regedit in our environment, we are not allowed and we cannot get approval for any test in operation environment.

Just to be more precise,

DCOM is running on server and all clients, only one client has this issue with the server and it was already working fine on this client, I don't know why it has happened.

Is there any other way to find the issue? 

ABagheri
Level 3

Also be aware that all the clients and the server are Windows 2003.

ABagheri
Level 3

One more thing I found: the client was added by IP address some time ago and was working fine, after changing it to hostname it cannot be contacted by server.

Jon_Sumida
Level 5

maybe DNS error? hostname and IP address might not be matching up so it's not seeing the right machine.

ABagheri
Level 3

I checked again today, IP address has exactly the same error message in event log and does not work. I have already checked DNS issues, there is no problem in DNS