cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 not compressing second drive in backup job

paule123
Level 3
I have a backup job that runs nightly.  Incremental every night, and a full base point once a week.  C: and D: drive are backed up by the job.  4.7GB file split is specified. Standard compression.  When I look at the base point files in the backup destination folder on our network attached storage, the C: drive v2i image files are properly compressed, however the D: drive image files are not compressed.  Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 version 9.0.0.35656

I have the same issue on 2 different servers.  One is Windows 2003 Ent 32 bit, the other is Windows 2008 R2 Ent. 64 bit.

1 REPLY 1

paule123
Level 3

How does one find out their 12 digit "Support ID" which seems to be needed to obtain technical support?  I tried the e-mail support form on symantec.com but after asking for product info, the page dead-ends without a clear explanation why  (I assume the support ID number I entered was invalid).

When I ordered BESR 2010, the line item on the invoice is:

SYMC BACKUP EXEC SYSTEM RECOVERY 2010 SERVER WIN PER SERVER BNDL STD LIC EXPRESS BAND S ESSENTIAL 12 MONTHS

... which I assume included 12 months of support (effective starting December 2009), but there is no support ID that I can find in my invoices/receipts.