cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2010 ver 9.04

CPSI
Level 3

I have been using BESR for several years and never had a problem.  Today we tried to test restoring a server to a Virtual Machine but it did not work after several attempts.  Does anyone know if v9.04 can restore a server to Virtual server?

Thanks

Dom

2 REPLIES 2

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Dom,

What happen during or after the restore to the virtual system? Please provide as much detail as possible and any or all errors as well as when/what stage of the recovery that they occurred.

Thanks

-Dave

CPSI
Level 3

Hi Dave,

We had a guy come into the office to show us how we can recover our servers to VM using our Symantec Backups. 

He created the virtual server and then we went to install from the backup and things worked OK until it reached 13% and then the backup stopped with an error saying something about it was not a good copy or it was incompatible.  Sorry, I do not have the exact error message.  We tried restoring a different drive from a different server and it went to about 33% complete when it too crashed with the same error.

We tried a different set of backups from a different external HD that had copies of the Symantec backups but that too failed just as the previous backups did.

We were thinking that our version of BESR was not compatible with VM ware so that is why I was asking if anyone knew if our version should work.

Dom