cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 2011 trial to licensed version

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

Hi,

I'd like to know if it is possible to install the trial version of BESR 2011 and, in case we decide to buy it, to register without having to unistall and reinstall.

This question is about the desktop, server and management versions. (does management need a license or it doesn't?)

10 REPLIES 10

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Management Solution is free of charge with all functions, SSR Desktop and Server are fully functional within the (i think) 60 days evaluation period. After that period, or when you decide to buy,  you just need to enter the licence key to switch to the non-trial version, so no need to reinstall. Hope this helps.

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

very good. SO i can install them on production servers right?

Also, I currently have some 2010 BESR licenses, what's the upgrading pricing?

Kate_Lewis
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Marcus is correct. In addition, you can find some collateral on the Symantec System Recovery Management Solution here: http://www.symantec.com/business/products/otherresources.jsp?pcid=pcat_business_cont&pvid=1602_1

If you have any questions or need any help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks, Kate

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

I currently have some 2010 BESR desktop and server licenses, what's the upgrade pricing?

Kate_Lewis
Level 3
Employee Accredited

If you have current maintenance/support for your previous version of this product, you are entitled to this new release free of charge as part of your maintenance/support subscription for supported licenses. If you don't have support, you can upgrade and receive up to 35% off MSRP.

Prices do vary based on licensing program and volume quantity. Would you like me to obtain accurate upgrade pricing for you? If so, just let me know.

Thanks, Kate

Linas
Level 6

Troubleshooting – Get Help

Request Your Symantec System Recovery 2011 Version Upgrade Notification Email

To receive your Symantec System Recovery 2011 Software Version Upgrade Notification, please send an email to: license@symantec.com with the following subject line: Online SSR 2011 VU Request.

Please provide the following information in the body of your email:

COMPANY NAME:

CUSTOMER NUMBER:

CONTACT NAME:

SALES ORDER NUMBER:

SERIAL NUMBER:  

Next, go to FileConnect (https://fileconnect.symantec.com) and input your serial number contained within your customer notification email to download Symantec System Recovery 2011 

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Are your questions answered now ?

vijayandrew
Not applicable

Hi:

right now i am using Symantec backup exec system 2010 management solution , i want to upgrade to 2011 ,  just update from symantec installation manager ist ok , or i need to take a backup of database , after update client will automatically communicate with server , or i need to push any agent ,,

Pls guide me

nhej-
Level 5
Employee

For you to be assisted further with your queries, try calling the Sales department at 1-800-745-6054 option 3, they can provide you pricing and product information regarding SSR 2011 or BESR 2011, or you may call Licensing Department at 1-800-721-3934 opt 2 if you have an existing license so they can check if you have the upgrade to SSR 2011.

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

To follow up on your last comment, upgrading from BESR MS 2010 to SSR MS 2011 is seamless if you simply upgrade the existing installation. Taking extra backups of your db should not be necessary, but taking a backup of the BESR MS server before you begin is highly recommended. (The exception is if you plan on installing onto a new OS).