Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 8.5 Restore - NO CD DRIVE

KAC
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hi,

Sure this a noob question, but need to ask anyway.   I have completed a few restores to dissimilar hardware but have encountered the same issue for 2 like servers recently - Dell 2970 restored too from older HP servers - everything came back up fine - however I no longer have access to a cd drive.  The Dells are sata scsi raid perc6i - the cd/dvd is seen in BIOS and I can boot from it - but it is not seen in Windows 2k3 R2 Server OS when loaded..

Dell, so far, are at a loss - drivers reinstalled - sata connections pulled/uninstalled/hardware detected etc to no avail.   I have removed drives and checked OEM manufacturer for drives etc, again still no results.  no joy in disk manager either.

Final note: the hardware manager shows an error in "other devices" RAID Controller but no errors seen in drive categories
1 REPLY 1

AJT
Level 6
This is just a guess, please backup before editing the system registry. Maybe your running out of drive letters. Open the SYSTEM and navigate to the following key and remove it HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices, then reboot. If the server is a DC or Exchange, *do not remove the entire key, just remove the entries that are not related to the DC or Exchange and reboot.

Hope this helps :)