cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 8.5 various, - system freezing on recovery point creation/Exchnage issues

lee_sov
Level 2
I am trying to create a restore point in BESR 8.5 to backup the whole server but in the process, the system hangs at around 21% and then goes no further. I have tried backing up to a USB connected drive and an internal Sata drive & both produce the same error. I have ran Live update & checked all option to ignore bad sectors etc.

This is a brand new build of a server so cant be any kind of disk errors,  - does anyone have any idea how to solve this? (we ran it on another server with a similar setup & that worked fine, only difference is that was sbs and this is standard but software not yet activated so assuming not relevent?)

Additional issues,

- We have purchased the licesce for the SBS version & cannot activate the software when installed on a standard server build, is this why?

- If we run the software without activating (ie on the 60 day trial), do we still have the full functionality of the activated version, - ie to backup & restore a whole server to different hardware?

- After restoring our original server, we are having problems running exchange, - is there anything we should be doing with exchange before creating the restore point ie dismount sotre etc?

Thanks for any advice/info.

1 REPLY 1

hellie-
Level 3
Same problem here. Trying to find out what is causing this.
You should try to make a manual backup with the "back-up program" from Windows.
See if u get any errors.