cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR Client IP Address conflict

jcoz
Level 3
I am using BESR 8.5 and I have issues with clients grabbing the wrong IP addresses. Some of the clients have dual NICs on different networks for redundancy. We install the EasyInstaller.exe and the client may or may not show up in the client list on the Management Console. If they do, the have trouble updating licenses, running jobs, because they are reporting with their other NIC IP address. If they show up in the client list as 'manageable', you can go to 'Client Options' and tell it which IP address to use, explicitly. But even after explicitly telling it to use the correct IP, stopping starting services, and rebooting both the client and console computers, the client is still listed and reporting as the wrong IP. Apart from taking off the management control piece on the client, disabling the wrong NIC, rebooting, then reinstalling the MC with only one NIC present, is there a way to force it to use the correct IP? The setting is correct in the client's options, but doesn't actually change the way it reports.
2 REPLIES 2

criley
Employee Accredited
Does this help?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/315510

***Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s)***

jcoz
Level 3
The both pieces were correct but it still seems to be reporting (on the Management Console) as the wrong IP. I had changed it to use the correct IP yesterday, and set a backup to run last night: which it did successfully. Previously when attempting to 'Run Backup Now' it never got past the 'Pending' state.  Is it now changed and configured correctly but the GUI on the Management Console is erroneous?