Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR Desktop - Notebook - WD-Passport USB Drive

noe-hh
Level 2
Partner

Hello,

System: 

BESR Desktop 8.5  (Licence not insert yet)
VAIO SR Notebook with USB 2.0 and Vista Business 32bit
WD Passport USB Drive 500 GB  (without external Powersupply)

At first starting BESR, it suggested me the complete Backup Schedule.
When I run the Backup, it shows that Error after some time:

-Errors exist.

--Unable to read from file.
---Error EBAB03F1: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
---Error E4BC0004: Unable to backup file C:/Users/Paul/Pictures/iPod Photo Cache/F16/T2205.ithmb.

The file of the second msg were imported from the old DELL XP Notebook.

Best Regards
NOE

2 REPLIES 2

noe-hh
Level 2
Partner

Hello,

third try and the "my documents" backup run successfully.

When I setup a new backup and run it for first time it says after some time:

-Error E7C3000F: Device \\?\SymantecSnapshot0 cannot read 12288 sectors starting at LBA 42950528.
--Error EBAB03F1: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

What do this means?

Best Regards
Noe

marcogsp
Level 6
Assuming you are imaging the hard drive and not doing a file and folder backup -- BESR is a sector level imaging tool.  If BESR cannot read the sectors, then it cannot image them.  The sectors are most likely bad.  You can try imaging the drive with the Advanced option, Ignore bad sectors during copy,   Run CHKDSK with the /R option as well, i.e CHKDSK  C: /R

If you can get a backup of the data through other means, then do that too.  Once a hard drive develops bad sectors the problem will magnify.  With a good backup available, use the hard drive manufacturer's specific drive utility to "zero-out" all the sectors.  If the drive utility has a routine to re-certify the drive, then use it.  The entire process will not fix the physically damaged sectors, but will reset the logical bad sector count, and possibly make the drive usable for restoring your BESR image.  Otherwise a new hard drive may be needed.

Bsst of Luck