cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR Fails unless Console is open, off-site mirror doesn't copy sv2i index file

Brian_Milnes
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I have been experimenting with BESR to do on-site daily backups and copy them off-site. (ver 8.5.3.31483)

1. The Backup process fails if the Console program is not left open and running.
    a. This means that scheduled backups will not take place following an automatic system restart.

2. The off-site copy appears to work satisfactorily, however, the sv2i index file is not updated - so the backup set is incomplete

3. The system reports target destination drive full - where I expect it to automatically delete the oldest incrementals. (I'm obviously misunderstanding this.)

Any help gratefully received.

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

marcogsp
Level 6
Try changing the startup account for the Backup Exec System Recovery service to an account that has network privledges.  The Local System account has no network privledges by design.  This may also take care of #3 on your list.  By leaving the console open, I believe you are using the account cuurently logged into the system to do the BESR operations. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

marcogsp
Level 6
Try changing the startup account for the Backup Exec System Recovery service to an account that has network privledges.  The Local System account has no network privledges by design.  This may also take care of #3 on your list.  By leaving the console open, I believe you are using the account cuurently logged into the system to do the BESR operations. 

Brian_Milnes
Level 3
Partner Accredited
I've changed the default BESR service account from Local System to one with network access. I think your assessment is correct. (But am left wondering why Local System is the default) Will report back
Thanks for the advice.

criley
Employee Accredited
As for #2, this issue is already fixed - you need to update BESR to 8.5.5.

Brian_Milnes
Level 3
Partner Accredited
OK guys, changing the service Account worked.
Am upgrading to 8.5.5 to fix sv2i problem.
Thanks for the assist
Brian