cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR Hangs at 5%

Dave-H
Level 3

My customer is running Windows Server 2012 with BESR 2013 (11.0.2.49853). The backup has been running okay for a few weeks but suddenly BESR stopps at 5%. BESR is up to date according to Live Update and Server 2012 is up to date as of a couple of weeks ago. The event log shows that the backup has started and the console shows Creating Recovery Point and it is stuck at 5%. I am going to get the server rebooted tonight but I was just wondering if anybody had some good ideas (I have been Google'ing but nothing really jumps out at me).

3 REPLIES 3

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Dave-H
Level 3

Hi,

I had taken a look at the article before I my original post. However, things have moved on. The server (brand new HP ML350 running Windows Server 2012) crashed 3 times in a week while the backup was running. Other times the backup would run okay. I ran a backup test during the day and the server became unresponsive, hung and we had to power cycle it to get it back. This makes me think there is a issue with SSR and Server 2012. I removed SSR and reverted to Windows Server backup. It has been a week now and the server has not crashed once. The server is upto date with HP Patches. There are a few outstanding Microsoft patches. Has anybody else experienced similar issues?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Not so far. Please mark your post as solved.