Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR Manager 8.5 and SSR 2011

AG81
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello to all,

can I manage a SSR 2011 server with BESR Manager 8.5?

Thank you!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

If I understand your question correctly, I think you are asking why a custom filter that you have created, does not appear in the list of targets when you do a right-click/apply on a policy. Is my understanding correct?

If yes, this functionality is not in the product. I have already raised this as an enhancement request internally.

You can still use the custom filter but there are a few more steps required:

1. Right-click / edit policy
2. Click on 'Apply to' / 'Computers'
3. Click on 'Add rule'
4. Search for filter and click on OK
5. Save policy changes

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

criley
Employee Accredited

No, this is not supported I'm afraid.

You will need to migrate to the SSR 2011 Management Solution (which is free).

AG81
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Chris,

Thanks for you answer.

Now I've installed the Management Solution, but when I wan't to associate a new backup job to a group, only appears the option to associate to pre-defined group.

I've created a new group going to (i'm traslating from spanish to english): administration => filters => Desktop Filters => SSR Filters => New filter (Test01 IE)

I've associated a desktop to it, but when i'm going to Manage task =>  Policy Jobs => My_test_job => right button => apply to => only shows the pre-defined groups (desktops with xxxx )

In the 8 Manager, i can create new groups, to associate differents jobs or destinations.

Thank you!!!

criley
Employee Accredited

If I understand your question correctly, I think you are asking why a custom filter that you have created, does not appear in the list of targets when you do a right-click/apply on a policy. Is my understanding correct?

If yes, this functionality is not in the product. I have already raised this as an enhancement request internally.

You can still use the custom filter but there are a few more steps required:

1. Right-click / edit policy
2. Click on 'Apply to' / 'Computers'
3. Click on 'Add rule'
4. Search for filter and click on OK
5. Save policy changes

Hope that helps.

AG81
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Chris,

Just is this! You have understood me correctly.

Then, another question... I'm following your steps. All Ok, but i'm a little affraid because I need to test it in a product environment:

When i'm going to create the filter, i can choose "exclude desktops in" or "exclude desktops that are not in". If i'm only want to a rule is executed in a group, i should use:

exclude desktps that are not in == filter == my_test_group

This rule exclude all the desktops in the active directory, except this filter, isn't it?

Thanks for your help!!!!

criley
Employee Accredited

This might help:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/videos/create-basic-filter-symantec-management-platform

AG81
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks for your time and support Chris!!